View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Okenshield

re: RA kills T5 Kyllikki

Tmanku wrote:
Bvis wrote:
Tmanku wrote:
all US firsts.

Not like there's really any competition now sadly.
IS, TEG, RN, SR, even Defiance are all gone and Prophets have never been in the running for firsts even though Dodgeball should be able to solo T7 from the way he praises himself.

ok US first of 1/1 raiding guild.. sound better?

The state of US raiding is pitiful. It's not just population either. There's hundreds and sometimes thousands of players on every night. But if anything is more difficult than the one mechanic they have to watch for on Entity, they can't or won't do it.

I got in a pug T4 with EVO one day when I was off over Christmas, and they killed T4 through emperor before they called it. Half a raid of puggers and they do it easily, but I doubt any US guild besides us can kill emperor. Agitates me a great deal. US players would rather bellyache about note getting T5 loot from Forgotten City and do T2 and T3 over and over again, then gripe about it on the forums like Combat.
Tmanku
Guild Leader
T6 - The Wizard

Awarded:

Honestly T4 was way harder than T5. Zodiac, Emperor were prob the 2 hardest fights in the game. Even Sheng takes a lot of coordination. Honestly T5 wasn't that bad. You need good players for port groups on Vistrix and good kiters for ky, but its not as complex.

I felt parts of T4 were very very complex..

T5 - The Unchained

Awarded:

Naraxus wrote:
Half dead wrote:
Naraxus wrote:
It's amazing how many guilds killed Yak but still not Vistrix.

The fact that they made the boss easier probably means most guilds gave up trying. I don't think prophets is even trying since they rather farm yak on alts.

But Prophets have the awesome Mirmy/Trybe on their side!

Yeah, but Trybe comes on every night asking if his application to RA has been approved.

T5 - The Unchained

Awarded:

He's too good for us Anubium, he should app to CoE.
Anubium
Killer Attack Yorkie
T5 - The Unchained

Awarded:

TWD? Maybe he could get into their sequel spinoff, the walkers from LA:

Return of the Walking Dead? Walkingdeadrus?

T3 - The Keeper

Awarded:

The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.
JerBlaze
T3 - The Keeper

Very GJ U derps! Now you get to do it all over again next week ^_^

Love ya!

Erwin Rommel, a highly decorated German officer during WW2, humanely treated captured soldiers. ignoring orders to kills Jews, civilians and conspired to assassinate Hitler. After Rommel's death, soldiers on both sides paid respects to his grave and he is the only member of the Third Reich to have a museum dedicated to him. (See not all Germans were Nazi's and not all Nazi's were bad)
Vhasher

Grats on the kill!
Okenshield

Tmanku wrote:
Honestly T4 was way harder than T5. Zodiac, Emperor were prob the 2 hardest fights in the game. Even Sheng takes a lot of coordination. Honestly T5 wasn't that bad. You need good players for port groups on Vistrix and good kiters for ky, but its not as complex.

I felt parts of T4 were very very complex..
Pugs kill T4. I doubt that a pug will ever kill Vistrix. If you have a few decent CCers and geared tanks, you can roll right over sheng. Zodiac isn't really a challenge if you have a geared DT to tank it, but you're right, getting 12 people to run to predetermined spots 4 times - with a map of where to run on their screen - can be a challenge.....Emperor has more going on than Vistrix, but it's predictable and the add part of the fight is a joke now with geared toons. He also doesn't have anything like Vistrix bomb that wipes out the tank group every now and then.

To say nothing of the fact that we don't have kylikki on farm, much less with the intended strat.
Blodgett

Let's face it, US raiding consistently dies for 2 reasons. Reason #1 is a lack of content being produced and inserted into the game. Reason #2 is directly related to reason #1, a new MMO is released and everyone who is bored with AoC drops it to play the new flavor of the month game. This game has lost more great players and guilds to boredom and new releases than anything else. I myself have quit this game 3 times only to return once Funcom finally pulls their head out of their ass and releases new raid content.

Another problem with US raiding is the amount of bad information and lack of knowledge of how the fights even work in the first place. I hate joining pug raids because most are fail to begin with. Usually some raid leader who has no real understanding of the fights or how to set up the fight for success. I loved it when a tank in full t4 or khitai gear would be in the raid and the raid leader would ask his buddy who's in a mix of T1/T2 gear to be the main tank and then the raid leader gives the better geared tank some menial task in the fight. Or the other day, a friend of mine started a W2 for the achievements so I joined it. We had a full T4 DT with a few pieces of T5 for the main tank. At Stinky, the raid leader says, give the main tank a couple of hits before going all in. Suddenly the professional T1/T2 raiding DT in the run says, "you can't do that, you have to wait til the main tank pulls the boss all the way to the right side of the room before you start in with any dps or they will pull." This is an example or what US raiding is. An incompetent player that has no understanding of the game. Every tank in that raid was full khitai or better except him. Yet he was not smart enough to check the gear of his competition in the raid. Had he done so, he would have seen that he was the only soldier class in the raid with less than full khitai/T4 gear. This was obvious as he kept asking what the loot rules were. Finally I said, "dude if it's for your class roll need on it. The gear in here is shit to begin with and no other tank in this raid wants or needs it except for you."

As far as the Euro's go, I think they are far more dedicated to whatever they do and therefore are exceptional at it. Except for Circle of Eternity. I'm convinced that is a guild comprised of mostly Funcom Employees and I base this on the fact that they cleared the entire T5 instance in 4 days after it was released. I have no idea how long T5 was on the testlive servers or if it even was, but still to be able to clear a brand new raid zone in 4 days you have to know the fights going in ahead of time.

Woenik - 80 PoM
Blodsho - 80 DT
Blodgettjr - 80 ToS
Blodsrevenge - 80 HoX
Kumashaman - 80 BS
Shazzbot - 80 Barb
Ioje - 80 Conq
Vual - 80 Demo
Blodsrage - 80 Necro (Founder and Guild Leader of Dark Brotherhood. Currently holding the DBH guild city)
BlodsHammer - 80 Guardian (made it for the achievements....)

Tanksalot - 80 Guardian RIP (Full T2 guardian deleted prior to T3 coming out due to Funcom breaking the aggro on pre 1.04 guardians and 3 months prior to them finally admitting they broke the original guardians and fixing them.)
*Joker*

Grats people
Ruhen
T3 - The Keeper

Blodgett wrote:

As far as the Euro's go, I think they are far more dedicated to whatever they do and therefore are exceptional at it. Except for Circle of Eternity. I'm convinced that is a guild comprised of mostly Funcom Employees and I base this on the fact that they cleared the entire T5 instance in 4 days after it was released. I have no idea how long T5 was on the testlive servers or if it even was, but still to be able to clear a brand new raid zone in 4 days you have to know the fights going in ahead of time.

They cleared it on TL well before it was released to live.

Ruhen wrote:
Blodgett wrote:

That would be the only other explanation. But that would also require the guild and it's members be willing to forgo gearing alts and be dedicated to logging on every night and raiding on Testlive for the sole purpose of learning the fights prelaunch. You will never get that level of dedication from the majority of US players. The majority (not all, but most) are loot whores and only care about gearing alts. I remember back in Furious, Xedd tried to get people to do progression and it was like pulling teeth. Bvis can attest to that. It's amazing that we were even able to get thru T3 and the US first's in T4 because hardly anyone would show up on progression night and when they did, after about 30 minutes to 1 hour of trying they would be screaming to go do T2 so they could get loot. But once we had a boss or zone on farm, they came out in droves to get their loot.

Woenik - 80 PoM
Blodsho - 80 DT
Blodgettjr - 80 ToS
Blodsrevenge - 80 HoX
Kumashaman - 80 BS
Shazzbot - 80 Barb
Ioje - 80 Conq
Vual - 80 Demo
Blodsrage - 80 Necro (Founder and Guild Leader of Dark Brotherhood. Currently holding the DBH guild city)
BlodsHammer - 80 Guardian (made it for the achievements....)

Tanksalot - 80 Guardian RIP (Full T2 guardian deleted prior to T3 coming out due to Funcom breaking the aggro on pre 1.04 guardians and 3 months prior to them finally admitting they broke the original guardians and fixing them.)
Okenshield

Blodgett wrote:
Ruhen wrote:
Blodgett wrote:

That would be the only other explanation. But that would also require the guild and it's members be willing to forgo gearing alts and be dedicated to logging on every night and raiding on Testlive for the sole purpose of learning the fights prelaunch. You will never get that level of dedication from the majority of US players. The majority (not all, but most) are loot whores and only care about gearing alts. I remember back in Furious, Xedd tried to get people to do progression and it was like pulling teeth. Bvis can attest to that. It's amazing that we were even able to get thru T3 and the US first's in T4 because hardly anyone would show up on progression night and when they did, after about 30 minutes to 1 hour of trying they would be screaming to go do T2 so they could get loot. But once we had a boss or zone on farm, they came out in droves to get their loot.
We spent quite a bit of time on champion on TL. But after a few weeks of not getting real loot, attendance fell off and we didn't have enough people to make any reasonable progress.
Half dead
Officer
T5 - The Unchained

Awarded:

Coe was in there every night on TL. They had the dedication yes, but all of their members do. Even for the TL group dungeon achievements, they were on TL everyday doing IT and crow everyday.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum